Amazon Carousel

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Book Review: EVER AFTER by Jude Deveraux -- coming June 30, 2015!

Ever After (Nantucket Brides Trilogy, #3)Ever After by Jude Deveraux

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I got an offer to read this on Netgalley and since I've read Jude Deveraux novels in the past, I snatched up the opportunity. I haven't read a Deveraux novel in a long, long while. She was one of the very first romances I ever read and I fell in love. The bookmobile librarian was growing tired of me borrowing 30 books at a time and was fast running out of book recommendations for my 12 year old self. So she handed me two books: The Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught and The Black Lyon by Jude Deveraux. And from there, I was hooked on the Montgomery/Taggert clans.

Now it's been a while since my last Deveraux book. Life, different hobbies, different interests, have all gotten in the way, plus I've been devouring new authors left and right. This book was like coming home. When I first saw the last name of Taggert, I exclaimed, OH RIGHT TAGGERTS! MONTGOMERYS! WHEEEE! And then I settled in to be told a story as only Jude Deveraux can tell it.

Loved this book. I love these families and all of their stories and as names are revealed left and right, I remembered reading their stories once upon a time and their ancestors' stories, etc. I love how you can pick up any book that involves these two families and not be lost without getting a re-hash of a who is whom.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher, I got to enjoy this before it comes out at the end of next month. And now I'll be scrambling for the other Nantucket stories and digging out my old Deveraux novels to get reacquainted.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to connect with me! Happy reading!