Amazon Carousel

Saturday, September 28, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Courtney Crumrin Volume 4: Monstruous Holiday Special Edition by TED NAIFEH


Courtney Crumrin's adventures continue - this time in a newly remastered, full-color edition! Courtney and Uncle Aloysius' European vacation has brought them into the heart of a country rich with mystical history and tradition. At first, eastern Europe seems like the perfect place for Courtney to strengthen her abilities, but just as Courtney begins to tap into the mystery of the old country, she comes face-to face-with overwhelming magic and even larger moral ambiguities.

Series: Courtney Crumrin
Hardcover: 128 pages
Publisher: Oni Press; Special edition (October 29, 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1934964921
ISBN-13: 978-1934964927

A_TiffyFit's Review: I requested this at Netgalley because of the cover; it looked intriguing. And now...now I must get the first three volumes and this one when it comes out because I found this totally enchanting.

The storyline pulls you in quickly, even when you have no idea what is going on or the background story. You quickly get absorbed into this world with its lovely illustration and tale. My heart clenched as Courtney thinks that it was all for nothing at the end of Chapter One!

I screenshot a couple pages to share with you.















Courtney is feisty and adorable and I laughed out loud when she was running from this wolf chanting, "STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!" I know I've been in a position where I'm yelling that at myself, how about you? lol









The facial expressions are really well done and I found them very moving. I really adored Courtney's little bat clip and her empathetic heart.


I don't want to give much away, but I must say that I really want the rest of this series now and it's going on my Christmas list!

Add it to your Goodreads:
http://bit.ly/19MEaBU

You can pre-order Volume 4 at Amazon.com: http://
amzn.to/1fOMgjv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to connect with me! Happy reading!