Amazon Carousel

Saturday, February 16, 2013

ARC Review - The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley

The FirebirdThe Firebird by Susanna Kearsley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*happy sigh* Review to come. I don't want to write it right now as I'm still living in the world of Rob and Nicola, Anna & Edmund.
*******************************************

If you couldn't already tell by the happy sigh above, I LOVED this book. I found myself reading slower and slower once halfway through as I wanted it to continue. I was excited when I realized we were back to Slains Castle for a bit, and easily imagined Eyemouth having done a little traveling in Scotland and seeing a village just like that. My first book by Ms Kearsley was The Winter Sea and I really loved it.

THIS is how romances should be. Much like The Winter Sea, The Firebird has two stories to tell. The modern story of Rob & Nicola, and the history of Anna Moray (and later her love interest, Edmund).

Perhaps I'm attracted to brogues and all things Scottish, but I was instantly enamored of Rob. And it wasn't til his mom was talking about him to Nicola that I said, "omg The Shadowy Horses! I really have to read it now!" I love the ties like that.

I found the psychometry and telepathy interesting and found myself envying Rob & Nicola for their ability to speak to one another mind to mind. You cannot get more intimate than that!

As Anna's story unfolds, I was eager to learn more and more. I was hoping to have her childhood promise to her fulfilled, but couldn't see how it would be accomplished. The twist...boy do I feel stupid. I READ The Winter Sea! I should have seen that coming, especially with the remarks on the plane about how Russians call one another as so-and-so's son/daughter. *facepalm*

I loved this. That makes two books this year I would read over and over and over again, so far.

If you loved The Winter Sea, get this book. Preorder it. If you like romances and historical romances, get this book.

P.S. Receiving the ARC didn't color my review at all: as always, this is a totally honest, unbiased review as you can tell by my blabbering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to connect with me! Happy reading!