Amazon Carousel

Sunday, December 2, 2012

CoverGirl Blast Flipstick!

As I mentioned in my first post, I am a BzzAgent. The first rule about BzzAgent is to tell everyone you are, in fact, a BzzAgent! BzzAgent is a unique word-of-mouth marketing program. Basically, you qualify for a campaign, they send you the product to try out, you tell them who you told about it, what you thought, what others thought, if people took the discount coupons from you, etc.

So! Now that you know, let's get down to the order of business of my latest campaign, CoverGirl Blast Flipstick!






I'm sure many of you have seen Sofia Vergara in these commercials for this lipstick. It's a dual-ended lipstick, with one dark side and one light metallic side.




The above color is called "Stunner" and is the color she's wearing in the photo. I got to try three of the shades, so six lipsticks in total, with different blendable possibilities. Stunner was...loud. Very loud. I have pink-based lips and this came out a scary orange pink. Add the gold shimmer to it and my lips could be seen from a mile away. Bold could definitely be an understatement! However, on my mom, whose lips have a darker undertone, this color came out more of a coral and looked great on her! 

BzzAgent sent us two other colors to try, Minx and Vixen:

Minx is a brown with a gold shimmer side. This was horrific with my complexion. Just...bad. I wouldn't choose these two colors separately, and blending them together didn't improve it at all. 



Vixen was, by far, my favorite. The description called the darker side burgundy, but it's more of a blushy rose and the pearl pink side is DEFINITELY pearl pink. Very metallic 80s. Fun



Vixen in florescent lighting, dark side only.

                 Vixen in yellow "home" lighting mixed with pearl side.



For $8.49 average retail, you're getting a fairly good deal whether you decide to blend them or not. As far as the blendability (new word?!) of these lipsticks, you really need to use a lipstick brush, in my opinion. Layering them over one another does nothing and looks bad. I plan on picking up two more colors myself to try, Glimmer & Vixen:


Try them for yourself and let me know how you liked it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to connect with me! Happy reading!