Amazon Carousel

Sunday, June 5, 2016

{Book Review} Bloodspell by Amalie Howard

I was offered a few of Amalie Howard's books to read and review!

I don't know if you remember or had a chance to pick up THE ALMOST GIRL, but you can read my review from when I first read that here.

I enjoyed Amalie Howard's writing when I read THE ALMOST GIRL, so I was looking forward to reading BLOODSPELL. Little did I know that I had it on my kindle this whole time from NetGalley. Oops. I have a lot of catching up to do!

Bloodspell (The Cruentus Curse, #1)Bloodspell by Amalie Howard

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Thanks to NetGalley for the read and review copy.

I've had this on my kindle for a while from NetGalley. I'm a bad NetGalley reviewer. Basically, I requested a TON of things in rapid succession, expecting to be told NO, and yet I was told YES, and suddenly I have the delicious problem of drowning in ebooks. Then life happened and I got more behind. My profuse apologies to the author, the publisher, and netgalley for being so behind.

Okay, now that my apologies are out of the way, I have to say that paranormal is one of my favorite genres. So I'm already pre-disposed to liking this book. With that said, angsty teens are NOT my favorite genre. So I could've been pre-disposed to not liking this book.

I'm impressed that this was Amalie Howard's debut novel. It's really well wrought with a complex back history that bleeds throughout the story and unfolds bit by bit. Very nicely done. The angsty teenage girl nonsense was necessary given her age, but it kinda just reminds me as to why I do not like teen books.

Christian and Tori are an interesting mix, vampire and witch, old old old royal family and prophesied witch girl, this is power upon power and of course this will cause problems. Not just from Christian's family, but both halves of both worlds, because as we all know...people are greedy bastards.

I'm eager to dive into Bloodcraft, book 2, and see what has happened with Christian and Tori. I'm hoping that Leto has made a full recovery, Aunt Holly is protected, and that Angie & Tori are tight, close friends and bonded together, thereby protecting Angie and giving Tori another help.




View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to connect with me! Happy reading!