Amazon Carousel

Saturday, November 29, 2014

{Book Review} IN YOUR DREAMS by Kristan Higgins

Book Title: In Your Dreams
Author: Kristan Higgins
Publisher: Harlequin
Publishing Date: Sept 30 2014
Length: 480 pages
Source: Print ARC from Publisher

Book Blurb
Emmaline Neal needs a date. Just a date—someone to help her get through her ex-fiancĂ©'s wedding without losing her mind. But pickings are slim in Manningsport, New York, population 715. In fact, there's really only one option: local heartthrob Jack Holland. Everyone loves Jack, and he won't get the wrong idea…. After all, Jack Holland would never actually be interested in a woman like Em. Especially not with his beautiful ex-wife creeping around, angling to reunite ever since he rescued a group of teens and became a local hero.

But when the wedding festivities take an unexpectedly passionate turn, Em figures it was just one crazy night. Jack is too gorgeous, too popular, to ever end up with her. So why is she the one he can talk to about his deep, dark feelings? If Em is going to get her dream man, she'll have to start by believing in him…
Disclaimer: I received a print copy of this book for my honest review. No other compensation changed hands.

 When I had the opportunity to receive an ARC from Harlequin, I jumped at the chance. Not only do I love Harlequin Teen publications, but I've been a Harlequin fan since I first discovered romances back when I was in Junior High. Oh yes, I quickly graduated from Sweet Valley High to Harlequin books and was pleased as punch to receive fancy wine glasses with my orders!

I'm used to the quality of Harlequin novels and love that each one is a lovely little escape as I follow the romance of the couple involved. Kristan Higgin's' IN YOUR DREAMS was no exception to the lovely romances I'm used to reading from Harlequin.

Emmaline's ex, Kevin, was SUCH an incredible douchebag. You really just wanted to reach through the book and smack him one. Jack Holland was simply perfect, even when I'm making faces at the book as I urge him to declare his feelings for Emmaline. I do adore premises that include a wedding of an ex and a fake date. I love the back story of Emmaline and the issues she has with her parents and I adore the fact that she adores her adopted sister, whom she truly did not spend time with growing up as they were separated.

You really feel like you're part of this small town as you read this book. Jack's family, Emmaline's family, everyone knowing everyone's business, etc., and watching Emmaline fall for Jack and vice versa was sweet and lovely. And of course...the animal lover that I am, I adored Sarge. :) 

Goodreads | Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to connect with me! Happy reading!