Amazon Carousel

Thursday, March 7, 2013

I'm a fan of Amanda Fucking Palmer. Not so much  her music as how she interacts with her fans and public. Don't get me wrong; I like her music and have since she was part of the Dresden Dolls! And now with her Grand Theft Orchestra...excellent. But I really admire how she is as a celebrity.  She embraces all the technology of now, while connecting with people on a personal basis. People are having an incredibly hard time nowadays connecting with their FAMILIES. AFP gets it. She seeks that connection.

I collect fountain pens, although I haven't bought a new one in years. It's been a rough decade for me. One of my pen collector friends was murdered when she went to her very first Pen Show in Washington D.C. Our tribute to her was a pen inscribed with her name and stationery with a wonderful quote from her to remember her by, all proceeds going towards her family and dogs. Katie Hill once said that she feels that connection to others is the basic foundation of our own well-being and I couldn't agree more.

Here's Amanda Palmer's recent TED talk. It's about asking, or so the title says. I walked away with it with the reminder that we need to connect to one another. Hope you enjoy. This is my way of connecting with all of YOU; through our love of reading, through our reviews, through our social networking on goodreads, twitter, etc.

Rock on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to connect with me! Happy reading!