Amazon Carousel

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Whoa...it's been a while

YIKES!!!

It's been a while since my last post. With the chemo, I tend to pass out nightly pretty early. My reading levels have dropped waaaaaaaaaaay down.

Some notable books I've read lately: Moseh's Staff by AW Exley was simply perfection. I know it's the last in the Artifact Hunter's series, but I'm going to hold on with diehard hope that Nate & Cara just take over AW's brain and demand another story...

Crave the Rose by Karen Kincy. Now, I love and adore Ardis & Wendel from Karen's diesel punk series. This is different; this was a modern romance with two flawed characters who are like magnets towards one another. Watching their ebbs and tides was a really great read.

I'm currently reading  The Complete Grimm Chronicles (The Grimm Chronicles) by Ken Brosky and Isabella Fontaine. This is a fun read! Alice Goodenough is annoying here and there where it sounds like she's not listening or paying attention, but then I realized that, DEEEEEEEEERP this is the collection of novellas together and not just one large novel. So there is a little of review for those who read these as novels.

I'm gearing up for my first reader's convention. I'm going to Lovely Ladies & Naughty Books in Atlantic City in June. The signing is on Saturday, June 6 at Harrah's! My friend Amy and I are traveling down together and I'm SO excited because:

  • this is my first book signing/reader convention
  • I get to see my close friend from high school in the first time in nearly 20 years. We've stayed in touch, but haven't been able to get together. 
  • I get to meet a long term pen pal that I've known for...gosh 10 years? I'm SO excited to meet her! 
  • I get to meet one of my favorite authors, get her to sign my books, give her a gigantic hug, and then do the same to her assistant, who is one of the best people on the planet whom I love chatting with online. 
  • My buddy and I are psyched to gamble a little, shop a lot, and head over to Ripley's Believe it or not oddities museum! 
  • I have a selfie stick and I'm not gonna be afraid to use it! :D 

Since I haven't been blogging much, and there's a book coming out next month that I'm so psyched about, so I think I'm gonna link up the other books by the same author and give you little teasers. I'm gonna drag out my old reviews and stuff. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to connect with me! Happy reading!