Amazon Carousel

Sunday, February 1, 2015

{Book Reviews} Emilie and the Hollow World as well as Emilie and the Sky World, both by Martha Wells #2015HW #COYER

Emilie and the Hollow World (Emilie, #1)Emilie and the Hollow World by Martha Wells

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a fun and wonderfully adventurous ride through a world that will absolutely remind you of the adventures in the Jules Verne state of mind. With marvelous steampunk inventions, brilliantly described worlds and different people.

I liked Emilie's determination and courage and cheered as she embarked on her journey, escaping her jerk of an uncle. I also liked watching her discover new peoples and new worlds and how she just absorbed it all and took it in stride!

Wonderful beginning to a new series and one I'm looking forward to continue reading!



View all my reviews


Emilie and the Sky World (Emilie, #2)Emilie and the Sky World by Martha Wells

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really loved how this book picked up in the instant we left off with Emilie as she was about to embark on a new life with Ms and Dr Marlende.

The description of this book as a modern Verne-esque adventure tale is appropriate, and you can expect to enjoy this book every bit as much as the first book. Engaging and fun to read, while this is targeted towards a YA aged audience, I thoroughly enjoyed it as an adult. Plucky Emilie fast grew on me - she is endearing and adventurous and courageous.





View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Interested in reading updated articles then visit Sosoment and for in addition visit following Sosoment and
    Sosoment and
    Sosoment and
    Sosoment and
    Sosoment and
    Sosoment and
    Sosoment

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to connect with me! Happy reading!