Amazon Carousel

Sunday, March 2, 2014

{Book Review} Dying for a Living by Kory M Shrum

Hey guys--

Blogger is being a stinker so I'm just plugging in my review from Goodreads for DYING FOR A LIVING which is available NOW. I read this back in January and thought I put a review up on the blog, but I didn't. 

I cannot rave enough about this book. It was totally unique! Jesse is a Necronite and she's well paid to die in the place of others. As a Necronite, she can reanimate, but don't you dare call her a zombie! 

My review is below, but if you're intrigued already...grab your copy HERE . That link is for the paperback; kindle copy should be live on release day of March 4th! :) 

Dying for a LivingDying for a Living by Kory M. Shrum

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Full review to come soon, but KINDLE.BRUISER. Loved this! So unique!
**************************
This book doesn't even come out until March! I've been frustrated with amazon for no reason because I wanted to gift a copy to a friend of mine! Hahaha, I feel like a fool. I had requested a copy from the author for a Read & Review and I loved it! Obviously, right, since I was trying to find a copy for my friend whose birthday is today.

While this does have "Zombies" in it, don't you dare use that term. It's rude! It's like calling someone by a racial epithet that is just not done in polite society! Jesse is a Necronite, a very rare human who can intervene in the case of someone else's death and die for them...and then she resurrects and comes back to life. Full life, with blood, heart pumping, everything! She'll have a few scars and some blank spots in her memory, but this is what she does. And she works as a government agent and is contracted to do it. As you can imagine...it isn't cheap.

But then...we have someone who is killing all the Necronites! From town to town, they are being murdered and it seems like it is someone close to Jesse. Dun dun duuuuuuuuun.

The pacing of this novel is fabulous; I stabbed the hell out of my kindle with my finger, hence kindle-bruiser. It was such a refreshing read with a new idea and, while we don't have necronites now, I could TOTALLY see this happening! Every interaction between the characters seemed so real and believable. Jesse is snarky without being obnoxious and genuinely likable. She makes you feel, especially as she discovers things about her past and looks at one of her current friends with a whole new light. I couldn't decide which love interest I liked more for Jesse, her boss was fantastic, and I think I may have given my own little fistpump and squeal of "YES!" at the end there. >.> I won't say more than that.

I enjoyed this one so much, it's an instant favorite of 2014 and it's not even out yet. Want. More. Now!!!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to connect with me! Happy reading!