Amazon Carousel

Monday, August 12, 2013

Book Review: Consume by Melissa Darnell

Click to go to Goodreads
Consume, The Clann #3
Melissa Darnell
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: August 27, 2013 (COMING SOON)
Length: 384 pages
Edition: Print and ecopy
Source: Publisher via Netgalley for honest review


Tristan Coleman has survived the change from Clann magic user to vampire, much to Savannah Colbert's joy—and despair. By changing the Clann's golden boy and newly elected leader, even to save him from death, she has unleashed a fury of hatred and fear that they cannot escape.

As the Clann and the vampire council go to war, Tristan and Sav face a new threat—a fracturing of the all-consuming bond they share. To fight for peace, they must forge a new trust and risk everything to take down their deadliest enemy, even as they must run for their lives. Soon they will learn that some bonds are stronger than love—and some battles cannot be won without sacrifice.


A_TiffyFit's Review: This was a lovely and fitting end to this YA paranormal romance. I'm new to the series, having just read books 1 (Crave) and 2 (Covet) in the last couple of days in preparation to read this one, for which I was approved for an e-arc.

I described the first book, Crave, as sweet like chewing on a hard candy: juicy, sweet, at times stuck to your teeth in an annoying fashion, but leaves an all over sweet delicious flavor in your mouth. It focused on Savannah and Tristan more so than on magic and vampire stuff. Covet, dove into the histories more of both The Clann and vampires. You see Savannah and Tristan growing up, becoming more adult in a short period of time, while dealing with all this extraneous crap as if high school isn't difficult enough.

And then there's this book. This was a fantastic ending to a series that was full of heartache, frustration, more heartache, loss, pain, confusion, growing pains, love, denied love, and growing up and understanding that sometimes sacrfice is necessary.

Lovely romance with spot-on challenges complicated by the ability to read other's thoughts and therefore not have a safety barrier. Or perhaps it makes it easier? I try to think if it would be easier to have my sweetheart be able to read my mind, or my friends to be able to read my mind, or my family members...yeah, no. They have no idea how snarky I am in my head. That would be bad. And the complications it can create for Savannah is exactly as expected.

I don't want to give anything away so I will not comment on specifics or characters. I fear the slightest thing  I say about a family member or a Clann descendant or a leader or a vampire will totally screw with your ability to read this and enjoy it; and trust me, this series deserves to have you approach it and read it with no expectations other than what you can garner from the blurbs.

Crave can be purchased here

Covet can be purchased here

And if you'd like to bookmark it now, Consume will be available on August 27, 2013 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to connect with me! Happy reading!