Amazon Carousel

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Review: A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest

A Shade of Vampire (A Shade of Vampire, #1)A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book for review from the author here on goodreads! For an honest opinion, no "here's my book give me high ratings."

Solid 3.5 stars. I liked this book. I thought The Shade sanctuary was fairly unique and look forward to reading how Derek might change the way they do things. Derek, despite being a vampire and having been asleep for 400 years, seems the most "human" of the vampires we encounter. And let's face it: you have supernatural powers/strength, you're probably not going to be very nice to your food source. You're just going to demand, command, and/or eat. With such strength/power usually comes a healthy dose of abuse and you see that in Derek's brother, Lucas. He's a creepy bastard.

I'm not very enamored of instant love, but that seems hypocritical of me because isn't the fairy tale that nearly all women tease themselves with is "love at first sight"? So Derek's instant attraction and strong feelings for Sofia as she grabs his attention while comforting a fellow human slave is acceptable to me. But it bothers me at the same time - captured slave, Master falls in love with slave instantly, slave falls for master -- hiya Stockholm! Eh, I'm overthinking it. I liked it. I liked the Sun Room Sofia is moved to create. I liked the explanation of her empathy. I liked Corrine's suspicion and have to wonder about her staying there with the vampires; was she just waiting for Derek to awaken?

This book was a fast read and left me disappointed: cliffhanger! What is going to happen with Sofia and Derek? And Bitter Ben? Not that I blame Ben...he was at the hands of a sadist bitch. Do you root against the vampires? Do you cheer the vampires with Derek as their newly awakened leader? I know what I do. I look for Book 2 and slap it on my TBR and amazon.com wishlist for payday.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to connect with me! Happy reading!